- Quality Tenants: HRHA conducts criminal history background checks on all potential Housing Choice clients. Landlords are able to develop their own selection criteria, as well. A participating landlord is not required to rent to a family that does not meet all eligibility requirements.
- Subsidy payments paid directly to you each month, on-time.
- If a family experiences a loss of income, HRHA (in most instances) would increase its portion of the rent payment.
- Up-to-date information on program requirements
- On-going counseling and support for tenants and landlords
- Low vacancy rates due to clients looking for quality affordable housing and receiving subsidy payments,
- Workshops for free annually
- Inspections for free annually
- Tenant Compliance: ensure tenants comply with program regulations and fulfill their responsibilities as tenants, including maintaining units in decent, safe, sanitary condition and maintain utilities and any tenant provided appliances
Advertising and locating property has never been easier!
The Housing Authority has partnered with GoSection8, which provides an enhanced program to list rental properties on line. Listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher tenants seeking apartment units, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market. If you have any questions regarding registering, creating or viewing property listings, please contact the GoSection8 toll free help line at 1-866-466-7328.
(*) It is recommended that Landlords add photos to their listing for better advertising and faster lease up!
March 1, 2015 landlords that participate in the Housing Choice Voucher Program will begin receiving Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) electronically by Direct Deposit.
Direct Deposit is safe, quick and convenient. When you use Direct Deposit, you can rest assured
That your money will be deposited into the bank account you have designated.
- Since your money goes directly into your bank account in the form of an electronic transfer, there’s no risk of a check being lost or stolen.
- The HAP will go automatically into your bank account every month.
To receive information about your monthly HAP payments you will need to access the website of HAB Inc software at https://www.hmsforweb.com/pal/login.php Once you access the web site you will need to register and set up a username and password. You will use this website to:
- Look up your payment history
- turn on email notifications of payments
- check your most recent payment.
- Obtain the breakdown for each tenant’s payment.
For more information on becoming a HRHA Housing Choice Voucher Program landlord, please contact us:
Phone: (804) 458-5160